Colin's Blog

This is my new blog. I'l be chronicalling my musical and other career endeavors here over the next year.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

In keeping with my trend for inconsistent posting.....

I've done a lot since my last post and to be quite honest, I'm not even sure what I was doing when I posted last! But here begins a bit of catch up; please excuse me if I overlap, contradict, or repeat myself. I'm sitting at our dining room table in what I interpret to be a sparse environment. We're selling our condo, you see, and we need to make the place look like fake people live here. We aren't tidy folk....not dirty...but not tidy....and while I like things organized, I like stuff around that indicates that life is happening. Random piles of paper, magazines, and mail. CDs, personal pictures, and the odd knick nack, that has some significance. That has all been removed and packed into a 10x10 storage locker. Our place isn't huge (755 sq ft), but it's amazing how much stuff was packed in here. My musical instruments are at my workshop, (more on that later), and there is only one stereo system...ONLY ONE! I do have to say that with so much stuff in the place it was always on the verge of getting out of control, but never quite went over the edge. We aren't hoarders by any means, but we aren't minimalists either and if you have 5 bikes, a stage piano, 6 guitars, you don't have room for a drum kit. I think that one definition of hoarding is that you keep stuff that you think might have a purpose for sometime in the future and you don't want to take the chance that the future may be tomorrow. I can honestly say that the stuff we had that wasn't used on a regular basis would fit in your average closet. We haven't found a new place yet, though we have some potential places. We are staying in our wonderful North Vancouver neighbourhood. In the real estate listings there is a thing called a Walk Score. It's the walkability rating of a neighbourhood - the ability to walk to everything that you may need (grocery store, bank, restaurants). Our current place has a Walk Score of 97 (out of 100). It is a great place to live. We could honestly function without a car (despite having 2). I'll miss this place, but as I said, we're not going far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home